Re: $107 to fill up a tank! Or how we can eat less and move more ...

  • Morgan
    Message 1 of 45 , Aug 1 7:39 AM
      Hey Mark, have you been peeking at our business plan???!!

      Just kidding. But we have seriously considered the rental and/or rent-to-own cargo
      bike idea. The Yuba would be ideal for this because it is nearly indestructable (whereas
      a rental X has many bits that could get lost, or freeloaders torn, etc).

      Morgan

      Message 45 of 45 , Aug 3 10:23 PM

        Jake,

                    I am no fool. I let the Xtracycle do the lugging of my messenger bag, while I was a messenger and to this day when I am not. J

                    I usually kept my messenger bag in two doubled-up contractor-grade black garbage bags. This way if I just had a small package I could slip into a building and leave the baggage behind. A person does not get harassed by security as much if they do not look like a courier.    The garbage bags served two purposes. They disguised the messenger-bag contents as possibly looking like trash, and they kept my messenger bag completely dry. Of course my messenger bag is designed and produced to be inherently waterproof, but when I did have to go into a client’s office during a rain storm, my bag and the customer’s packages would appear and actually be completely dry. Some clients get uneasy about handing over their precious packages to a messenger, who’s messenger bag is leaving a puddle of dirty water on their nice dry clean office floor. That never happened with me. J