My Free Radical just arrived!

  • Garry Ashton-Coulton
    Message 1 of 45 , Aug 1, 2008
      My Free Radical just arrived! Cool....now I know my task for the weekend

      But first I have to figure out how to get it home from the office on my folding Dahon ???
      This E-mail is from IPC Media Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales, whose registered office is at Blue Fin Building, 110 Southwark Street, London, SE1 0SU, registered number 53626, VAT number 646150645. The contents and any attachments to it include information that is private and confidential and should only be read by those persons to whom they are addressed. IPC Media accepts no liability for any loss or damage suffered by any person arising from the use of this e-mail. Neither IPC Media nor the sender accepts any responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to check the email and attachments (if any). No contracts may be concluded on behalf of IPC Media by means of e-mail communications. If you have received this e-mail in error, please destroy and delete the message from your computer. For unbeatable savings on magazine subscriptions and great gift ideas visit www.giftmags.co.uk
      Message 45 of 45 , Aug 3, 2008

        Jake,

                    I am no fool. I let the Xtracycle do the lugging of my messenger bag, while I was a messenger and to this day when I am not. J

                    I usually kept my messenger bag in two doubled-up contractor-grade black garbage bags. This way if I just had a small package I could slip into a building and leave the baggage behind. A person does not get harassed by security as much if they do not look like a courier.    The garbage bags served two purposes. They disguised the messenger-bag contents as possibly looking like trash, and they kept my messenger bag completely dry. Of course my messenger bag is designed and produced to be inherently waterproof, but when I did have to go into a client’s office during a rain storm, my bag and the customer’s packages would appear and actually be completely dry. Some clients get uneasy about handing over their precious packages to a messenger, who’s messenger bag is leaving a puddle of dirty water on their nice dry clean office floor. That never happened with me. J