Sweetskinz?

  • funkiplanet
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2008
      has anybody put a pair of Sweetskinz on their X? I think these would
      be rad and just one more way to stay safe while riding at night.

      What do you think?
    • Julio Alvarez
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2008
        Yeahh Buddy, I got sweetskinz on my X. They are great. I have the red and yellow colored set, crusier style. They are bright, quite smooth, and reflective at night time.  They are sweet tires indeed!!!
        Holler

        ---

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3, 2008

          Funkiplanet,

                      I have been thinking of ordering a couple of the SweetSkinz MTB Semi-Slick 26”x1.95 Rattleback tires. I think that coloring in particular would look pretty hot on the Olive Drab coloring of the Big Dummy I have.

                      For years I have always ridden with 1.5” Kevlar Avocet inverted-tread tires. I am not sure if I will really like the wider and more textured 1.95 SweetSkinz tires. Unfortunately Avocet no longer seems to be distributing the Kevlar 26” tires I prefer. I think the SweetSkinz would be a decent and definitely cool-looking alternative, but I am concerned they will not be anywhere near as durable and puncture resistant. I suppose inserting a tuffy strip in the tire might help.

                      I might be delayed in ordering any SweetSkinz though. My wife and I just bought our first home and we have to make sure we have enough money to do some of the work, which is needed. Plus, I do actually have a new tire from Nashbar as a spare for the mean time, so I can not justify buying $40 tires right now. If you do decide to order them, please do let me know how they are and how they hold up.

          Ride safe,

          _TONE_

        • Devian Gilbert
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 3, 2008
            get em! and post pics...

            uhh... so what do ya think of El Stupido Grande

            i could swear street skinz made a reflective tire.