crank forward

  • mickyle f. j. lamb
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31 10:14 AM
      Ian,

      I'm a not-yet X owner with a short wheelbase recumbent - which may or may not accept an X retrofit - and I have  the same inclination as you showed.  I've watched the crank forward design with keen interest, as a recumbent lover who's eager to see if and how the form can be improved....for me at least.  I'd love to hear more about the your crank-forward experience, with and without the X.  Thanks so much, and congrats man!

      ~ mickyle

      <<And thus begins the effort to go car-lite. :)

      Got the new bike, a RANS Street (crank forward design) on Monday
      evening. Quickly put it together and enjoyed it for the evening.
      Tuesday night I started mounting the Xtracycle on it. A stop by the
      hardware store tonight and its nearly finished. Need to stop at the
      LBS tomorrow and get a longer full-length brake housing.

      So far, I love it. The Street is one darn comfy bike to start with,
      and almost as long as a regular mt bike with an Xtracycle. The Street
      with the X mounted (my 'XtraStreet') is now 6 1/2 feet long. Bit of a
      change from my usual short-wheelbase recumbent. !!!

      First 'outing' is planned for Friday night. Head on down the road to
      the Sonic 'Drive-In' for some grub, and then across town to the weekly
      Friday night all-comers car show. A bit ironic, I think, to ride to
      the car show, but it works for me. I usually take our old car over to
      show instead, so this'll be a change.

      I'm more than ready for this...

      -- Ian