Re: [X-Spam]Re: [rootsradicals] Re: $107 to fill up a tank! Or how we can eat less and move more ...

  • Cara Lin Bridgman
    Message 1 of 45 , Jul 31, 2008
      1) No, my xtracycle has to stay outside. I cannot even get it through
      my door. Once inside, there is absolutely no room. I worry less about
      parking it outside at home than I do about parking it outside some big
      box store (I like to use stores small enough that I can see my bike from
      inside the store).

      2) Taichung buses do not have bike racks. The country is doing a
      booming business in folding bikes, though.

      CL

      Message 45 of 45 , Aug 3, 2008

        Jake,

                    I am no fool. I let the Xtracycle do the lugging of my messenger bag, while I was a messenger and to this day when I am not. J

                    I usually kept my messenger bag in two doubled-up contractor-grade black garbage bags. This way if I just had a small package I could slip into a building and leave the baggage behind. A person does not get harassed by security as much if they do not look like a courier.    The garbage bags served two purposes. They disguised the messenger-bag contents as possibly looking like trash, and they kept my messenger bag completely dry. Of course my messenger bag is designed and produced to be inherently waterproof, but when I did have to go into a client’s office during a rain storm, my bag and the customer’s packages would appear and actually be completely dry. Some clients get uneasy about handing over their precious packages to a messenger, who’s messenger bag is leaving a puddle of dirty water on their nice dry clean office floor. That never happened with me. J