Re: [rootsradicals] Fwd: Bicycle Resolution

  • Andrea Richards
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 29, 2008
      I'd  strongly  suggest that  the cyclists in Nevada  call Harry Reid's office and  Ohio  residents contact  Rep. John Boehner 's office.They were the loudest  critics of the  bike commuter tax credit that  got removed from the Energy Bill earlier this year. Earl Blumenauer makes me  proud to be an Oregonian - he NEVER gives up!

      From: Walter Finch <bike@bikeleague. org>
      Date: July 29, 2008 3:00:27 PM PDT
      To: Devian Gilbert <asanacycles@ mac.com>
      Subject: Bicycle Resolution

      Bicycle Resolution

      Recognizing the importance of bicycling in transportation and recreation
      Contact Your Senator on the Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee

      House Congressional Resolution 305 (H.CON.RES. 305), dubbed the National Bike Bill sponsored by Representative Earl Blumenauer (D-OR), which passed the House of Representatives on May 21, 2008, is scheduled to be considered by the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, this Thursday, July 31, 2008, at 10am. Please take a moment to contact your Senator on the Committee to thank them in advance for their support of this resolution which recognizes the importance of bicycling in transportation and recreation.

      If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from us, please click here.