RE: [rootsradicals] Fixed bike Xtracycle??

  • Pete.B
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 16, 2006
      Tone,

      To go fixed on the X posess the same challenge as "fixing" any modern vertical dropout equipped bike.

      It will involve some extra work to acheive a workable result.

      There are three main options that don't involve having to fit new horizontal dropouts.

      Careful choice of front and rear gearing with the possible use of a KMC half link <http://harriscyclery.net/itemdetails.cfm?id=1274 > could get you there.

      A more expensive option is to build a new rear wheel around a White Industries Eno eccentric hub, http://www.whiteind.com/ENO_Products/eric.html

      Or maybe this very creative solution where a floating chainring is used to take up the slack. http://www.mtbr.com/faq/MTBR_com%20Single%20Speed%20FAQ%20v1_0_files/ghostChainring.jpg

      Rgds