Re: Xtracycle in Salon

  • Spamus
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 27, 2008
      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Tone" <Tone@...> wrote:

      > ... I think your comment was quite short sighted, and I actually
      > find it somewhat disparaging to hear on an e-mail list such as ours.

      Why is it short-sighted? It's not like I said "So everyone should be
      driving" or something.

      However, after re-reading the rant again, I admit I got the context
      wrong. He was referencing "safety nannies" saying, among other things,
      that he was "worried" their kids would be "fat and unfit" because of
      the "relatively sedentary 'safety' lifestyle" their parents were
      promoting. I wrote that hauling kids around makes them just as
      sedentary, but I now see the OP's main issue has to do with comments
      about safety truths/myths more than about lifestyle. My bad.

      > As I believe someone else pointed out, any child being
      > hauled along on the back of a pedal-powered vehicle by a parent,
      > most likely will be strongly influenced by their parent's example.

      Hopefully so.