$107 to fill up a tank! Or how we can eat less and move more ...

  • kwikfile08
    Message 1 of 45 , Jul 27, 2008

      No friends not me - but a dude in a Suburban next to at the Mobil Station. I was pumping my next to last regular fill at the pump the other day. I am going e-assist next week and plan to use my car very little anymore, so no more regular weekly fills.

      So anyway after the Suburban drove away I snuck around to the other side of my pump to take a peak at what the dude paid. $107 for a fill up !

      Holy Crap Batman ! That is some serious bank ! I felt very sorry for the poor bastard. All the more inspiration to ride more and show via example that there is a very easy and real solution to this Fuel problem.

      Besides we can can healthier too !

      See this video on to do just that - Very funny!
      Message 45 of 45 , Aug 3, 2008

        Jake,

                    I am no fool. I let the Xtracycle do the lugging of my messenger bag, while I was a messenger and to this day when I am not. J

                    I usually kept my messenger bag in two doubled-up contractor-grade black garbage bags. This way if I just had a small package I could slip into a building and leave the baggage behind. A person does not get harassed by security as much if they do not look like a courier.    The garbage bags served two purposes. They disguised the messenger-bag contents as possibly looking like trash, and they kept my messenger bag completely dry. Of course my messenger bag is designed and produced to be inherently waterproof, but when I did have to go into a client’s office during a rain storm, my bag and the customer’s packages would appear and actually be completely dry. Some clients get uneasy about handing over their precious packages to a messenger, who’s messenger bag is leaving a puddle of dirty water on their nice dry clean office floor. That never happened with me. J