Skip to search.

Big Dummy update

  • Morgan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 24, 2008
      Hey all,
      Since I hadn't seen anyone else post about it yet, I got an email
      update today from the Surly folks on the Big Dummy (as did many other
      dealers waiting for these).

      The first batch will be available soon if their QC goes well. They
      will all be 18" frames. Surly will initially limit these to 1 per
      shop, so if you want one and you are not on a waiting list with your
      favorite bike shop, you might want to get on that list.

      There will apparently be another batch of 18" frames soon thereafter
      (also one per shop per week), followed by some 16" and 22", then 20"
      frames following that (maybe not until September).

      As mentioned before on the list, retail pricing will be $1050. I
      think there will still be plenty of people willing to pay that. For
      those looking for a less expensive alternative, the next batch of Yuba
      Mundos should become available in the USA in a few weeks, and will
      retail as a complete bike for around $900.

      I have no idea whether Surly are going to distribute some larger
      portion of the frames to the Xtracycle folks, but it wouldn't surprise
      me if they do, so getting on the Xtracycle waiting list might be an
      alternative route for obtaining one.

      Morgan