a little press ;-)

  • Susan
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 11, 2006
      ... my backside was in the Springfield Journal-Register this morning
      (actually it was a pretty good picture, even if it's not a dainty
      backside :-)) propelling my Xtracycle blender at the Springfield
      Capital City Century. There was an informal "blend-off" with a fellow
      there with a "turbo blender" ... the consensus was that mine was
      faster, quieter, and (even after riding 62 miles on it) smelled better.
      He had a bigger jug on top... said he could make 800 daquiries on a
      gallon of fuel... but even after 62 miles I bet I could keep up :-)
    • Spidra Webster
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 11, 2006
        Is the article online? Link?

        On Sep 11, 2006, at 7:44 PM, Susan wrote:

        > ... my backside was in the Springfield Journal-Register this morning
        > (actually it was a pretty good picture, even if it's not a dainty
        > backside :-)) propelling my Xtracycle blender at the Springfield
        > Capital City Century. There was an informal "blend-off" with a fellow
        > there with a "turbo blender" ... the consensus was that mine was
        > faster, quieter, and (even after riding 62 miles on it) smelled
        > better.
        > He had a bigger jug on top... said he could make 800 daquiries on a
        > gallon of fuel... but even after 62 miles I bet I could keep up :-)

        > Spidra Webster
        http://www.spidra.com
        http://www.myspace.com/meganlynch
      • Susan
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 12, 2006
          Alas, it wasn't a "story" so it didn't make it online. They had a
          pair of pictures with a good caption.