Re: Snapdeck re-finishing

  • I'm Noca
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 25, 2006
      I too have been wrestling with how to refinish my snapdeck. I made
      a couple designs in CorelDraw earlier this year, but never put them
      to use. I originally bought my xtra to take to Burning Man, so both
      designs reflect this:

      Burn it all
      http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/rootsradicals/photos/view/61b6?b=1

      Burning Man
      http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/rootsradicals/photos/view/61b6?
      b=2&m=s&o=0

      My snapdeck is almost too far gone at this point to be worth the
      effort... the plywood is actually coming apart and breaking off in
      places.

      I wonder... would it make sense to simply buy a new snapdeck... and
      then put a decent clearcoat of marine polyurethane on top of the
      stock finish before putting it into service? Seems like less work
      to be sure.

      -Noca in Davis, CA

      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Murray Neill"
      <murrayneill@...> wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > I've had my xtracycle two weeks now, done nearly 500km on it, and
      love
      > it. The only thing I'm disapointed about is the finish on the
      snapdeck.
      > Even after just two weeks its starting to show signs of UV damage
      and it
      > scratches very easily. So to remedy this I' thinking about re-
      finishing
      > it and at the same time personalizing it a little.
      > I've uploaded a few of my first ideas.
      >

      > 1. snapdeck lizard
      > <http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/rootsradicals/photos/view/9b4e?
      b=8>