Re: 24" wheels on a big dummy or xtracycle

  • rktrujillo
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 7, 2008
      I run 24" rear and 26" rear fixed. The difference is very noticable but
      i converted from 700c wheels with 28mm tires. If you run 26" with
      skinny tires you may not feel much difference. With passengers it
      makes a big difference if they have proper foot pegs and bars to
      balance themselves and actually ride the bike. If you use the typical
      setup that I see in most of the photos, no foot pegs and a short handle
      too far forward, the passenger will not be able to balance correctly
      and will be worse then dead weight because the will be constantly
      correcting their balance. proper foot pegs or a wide loader at the
      proper height (cut down the v racks as much as possible) and a long
      stem with a good bar will make more of a difference than wheel size for
      passengers. Once that is in place the smaller wheel helps mucho.