Fenders

  • Anne Littlebird
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 4, 2008
      Ok so forgive the senior moment but would someone tell me how a rear
      fender is supposed to fit on my X? I took my planet bike ones off my
      other bike and put on the front one but I sure can't figure out how to
      attach the rear.

      My brain can't quite get round this problem.

      --
      Anne Littlebird
    • Victor Khong
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 4, 2008
        They fit the same way as a normal rear fender does.  I use Planet Bike ones myself.

        - Remove Snapdeck (wooden flat deck)
        - Connect supports to left and right of FreeRadical frame. Tighten.
        - Zip tie the front of the fender to the front of the Free Radical Frame.

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 4, 2008
          Still not seeing it Victor - particularly the front part. It seems too
          far away. And the place where I see to attach the back supports actually
          pushes the fender itself up really high off the wheel.

          Better have another cup of coffee and then look again. I don't know why
          this is so ridiculously hard to picture.

          Anne Littlebird

          Victor Khong wrote:

          > They fit the same way as a normal rear fender does. I use Planet Bike
          > ones myself.
          >
          > - Remove Snapdeck (wooden flat deck)
          > - Connect supports to left and right of FreeRadical frame. Tighten.
          > - Zip tie the front of the fender to the front of the Free Radical Frame.

        • Victor Khong
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 4, 2008
            Anne,

            Without the benefit of seeing your actual setup...I'm guessing a little.  Do your fenders allow you to slide the supports back and forth along the curve of the fender?  You will need to slide the supports into a position which sizes the curve to the wheel\tire combination.

            If you have access to a camera, take a quick pic as a pic is worth a thousands words :)

            Victor Khong wrote:

            > They fit the same way as a normal rear fender does. I use Planet Bike
            > ones myself.
            >
            > - Remove Snapdeck (wooden flat deck)
            > - Connect supports to left and right of FreeRadical frame. Tighten.
            > - Zip tie the front of the fender to the front of the Free Radical Frame.

          • Anne Littlebird
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 4, 2008
              Turns out they are the wrong fenders. I'll have to get another set. At
              least I wasn't completely crazy - only marginally. They are full ATBs
              and I need hardcore ATBs. Close but not the same.

              Anne Littlebird

              Victor Khong wrote:

              > Anne,
              >
              > Without the benefit of seeing your actual setup...I'm guessing a
              > little. Do your fenders allow you to slide the supports back and forth
              > along the curve of the fender? You will need to slide the supports
              > into a position which sizes the curve to the wheel\tire combination.
              >
              > If you have access to a camera, take a quick pic as a pic is worth a
              > thousands words :)

            • Sean Mackin
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 2, 2013
              • 1 Attachment
              • 1.7 MB
              A while back I posted some pictures of my new lighting set up and fenders. I have been very happy with the whole set up. In the process of my purchasing fervor I ended up with 2 sets of the fenders. Initially I thought they might be good for another project, but realize they will probably just end up bouncing around my shop for extended future. If anybody is interested I would be willing to make a deal on them. I think they were about $30 originally. The model is SFR-TRBK and they are actually for 700c wheels but I found they gave the best clearance for a Dummy with Biggie tires on it (see pictures). Let me know if anybody is interested you can email me directly. By the way they are still new in original package with all the hardware.

              Thanks,
              Sean