Re: [rootsradicals] Where to get for Xtracycle Thule roof tray?

  • John Speare
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 19, 2006
      On 8/16/06, luminarc <will.lai@...> wrote:

      > I'll be getting an Xtracycle soon, and want to know where people go to
      > get the Thule 60" aluminum tray mentioned on the Xtracycle web FAQ. I
      > found the full Thule kit for tandem bikes, but at $350+ it's way too
      > expensive, particularly since i already have a Thule bike kit and all
      > i need is to sub out for the longer wheel tray.
      >
      > Any help appreciated, thanks.

      Check out Atoc. I use the BT-76C "bike topper" for my xtracyle.
      http://www.atoc.com/

      If you want to just buy this piece of hardware once in your life, buy the Atoc.

      The Atoc is around $200, but you'll pass this think down to your
      grandkids. It's made in USA (WA state) and is far and away the most
      durable/dependable tray you can get. It's make with tig-welded steel
      stock and is super tough and simple. My favorite kind of design.

      It fits the Thule or Yakima bars and is also designed to handle forks
      with low-rider panniers and/or fenders, which the majority of other
      trays do not allow you to carry.

      You can *just* see the fender (with folded mudflap) on the xtracycle
      in this pic: http://www.johndogfood.com/john/reduced/Chelan06%20008.jpg

      I have no financial affiliation with Atoc. Just a very satisfied customer.

      John

      --
      John Speare
      Spokane, WA USA