Re: Where to get for Xtracycle Thule roof tray?

  • Kipchoge Spencer
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 19, 2006
      Xtracycle sells a long tray that is compatible with both Thule and Yakima roof racks. It's $80 and made by Rocky Mounts.

      --
      Kipchoge Spencer

      29085 Highway 49
      North San Juan CA 95960
      530/292-1401
      www.pleasantrevolution.net
    • John Speare
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 19, 2006
        On 8/16/06, luminarc <will.lai@...> wrote:

        > I'll be getting an Xtracycle soon, and want to know where people go to
        > get the Thule 60" aluminum tray mentioned on the Xtracycle web FAQ. I
        > found the full Thule kit for tandem bikes, but at $350+ it's way too
        > expensive, particularly since i already have a Thule bike kit and all
        > i need is to sub out for the longer wheel tray.
        >
        > Any help appreciated, thanks.

        Check out Atoc. I use the BT-76C "bike topper" for my xtracyle.
        http://www.atoc.com/

        If you want to just buy this piece of hardware once in your life, buy the Atoc.

        The Atoc is around $200, but you'll pass this think down to your
        grandkids. It's made in USA (WA state) and is far and away the most
        durable/dependable tray you can get. It's make with tig-welded steel
        stock and is super tough and simple. My favorite kind of design.

        It fits the Thule or Yakima bars and is also designed to handle forks
        with low-rider panniers and/or fenders, which the majority of other
        trays do not allow you to carry.

        You can *just* see the fender (with folded mudflap) on the xtracycle
        in this pic: http://www.johndogfood.com/john/reduced/Chelan06%20008.jpg

        I have no financial affiliation with Atoc. Just a very satisfied customer.

        John

        --
        John Speare
        Spokane, WA USA