Re: [rootsradicals] ooh, so many responses

  • Andrea Richards
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 1, 2008

      Robin,

      With a lot of people selling their previous xtracycles for the big dummy, keep an eye on  craigslist . Police property options are good too

      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 1, 2008
        On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 12:55 AM, Robin Skyler Tell <robin@...> wrote:
        Thanks for all the feedback!  Nice active group here.

        Yar.  'tis

        OK, Here is a good kicker.  Get the X. don' worry about the bike.  the bike will find you.  I got a Jamis Durango Sport from Freecycle. but I have picked up bikes in swaps, out of dumpsters and from friends.  So don't worry too much about the exact bicycle you attach it to.

        the work involved is pretty basic.  If you can break a chain and replace a brake and derailleur cable, you can do the conversion.  Take your time and take it easy.

        Hot tip.  If you plan to haul heavy stuff a LOT (and if you are not in the greatest shape!)  Think about an electric assist. those of us who HAVE them, Love them. Range is somewhat limited..I can only ride about 30 miles or so using the power intermittently like on  hills and such, but it is a HUGE life saver on hills with a load!  a 10-15 mile ride with moderate hills would be easy.

        I have honestly thought about swapping my X to my Single speed Schwinn Typhoon frame but don't know if it will fit or not.!

        mark