Re: [rootsradicals] Re: New Xtracycle experience

  • fahrner@pobox.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 14, 2006
      > I actually already have the bobike mini seat on another bike, I just
      > didn't recognise it. There is a big problem with this seat if you
      > want to do an bomb proof xtracycle, it needs to be pretty high up a
      > long handlebar stem, and won't fit around an aheadset spacer.

      I successfully used the front seat on a tall stack of aheadset/threadless
      spacer rings (don't cut the steer tube). Not sure if I had a special
      mount, but I don't think so. It was clearly meant to clamp a quill stem,
      but the soft clamp material deformed nicely around the spacers. I had it
      on my custom longtail bike briefly before son outgrew seat.