WD-40 + GT85

  • merlin@re-cycle.org
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 9, 2006
      Hi folks

      For those who don't know, WD-40 + GT85 actually break down oil, so if
      you spray it on your chain etc, will break down the oil.

      Does not last long on chain, can get 'dry lube' sprays.

      Personally, light oil works for me.

      Cheers

      Merlin
    • Ian Hopper
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 9, 2006
        I too have had the "squeaking" sound, but mine is more of a groaning
        sound, and I'm convinced it's coming from the cranks or bottom
        bracket shell cups: I'm putting on my Stokemonkey this week, complete
        with new BB and cranks, so if it continues, I'll know it wasn't the
        BB or cranks.

        Ian