Re: [rootsradicals] Re: Sightings

  • Matt McKinney
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 8, 2006
      Nope. Just with a torque-of-my-arm wrench.

      Juergen Weichert <juergen@...> wrote:
      Matt McKinney wrote:
      > Same deal in Minneapolis, where last weekend a guy looked over my X
      > and told me he had seen a few around. That was a first. I know there's
      > at least one more in my neighborhood, but I'm not seeing them on a
      > regular basis yet.
      >
      > A minor technical: anyone else have a squeaking Free Radical when it's
      > under pressure, like hammering uphill? I think it's where the Rad
      > connects to the bike, and may just need a good tightening.

      Did you install it using the recommended torque values (with a torque
      wrench)?
      Juergen

    • merlin@re-cycle.org
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 9, 2006
        Hi folks

        For those who don't know, WD-40 + GT85 actually break down oil, so if
        you spray it on your chain etc, will break down the oil.

        Does not last long on chain, can get 'dry lube' sprays.

        Personally, light oil works for me.

        Cheers

        Merlin
      • Ian Hopper
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 9, 2006
          I too have had the "squeaking" sound, but mine is more of a groaning
          sound, and I'm convinced it's coming from the cranks or bottom
          bracket shell cups: I'm putting on my Stokemonkey this week, complete
          with new BB and cranks, so if it continues, I'll know it wasn't the
          BB or cranks.

          Ian