Sightings

  • Andrew Jacobs
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 4, 2006
      I'm really stoked to get my Xtra later this year but thought I would
      pass on the encouraging note that even when I'm travelling around the
      country I seem to run into an Xtra everywhere. I found two in the
      Moscow, ID area and spotted one in Bethel, ME just last week.
    • Susan
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 7, 2006
        It's not just Xtracycles. There are at least two more in this town -
        but more people know about them. In the past month I've had two
        people complement mine enthusiastically ("love the Xtracycle!").

        --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Jacobs"
        <infamouse14@...> wrote:

        > I'm really stoked to get my Xtra later this year but thought I would
        > pass on the encouraging note that even when I'm travelling around the
        > country I seem to run into an Xtra everywhere. I found two in the
        > Moscow, ID area and spotted one in Bethel, ME just last week.

      • Matt McKinney
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 8, 2006
          Same deal in Minneapolis, where last weekend a guy looked over my X and told me he had seen a few around. That was a first. I know there's at least one more in my neighborhood, but I'm not seeing them on a regular basis yet.

          A minor technical: anyone else have a squeaking Free Radical when it's under pressure, like hammering uphill? I think it's where the Rad connects to the bike, and may just need a good tightening.

          <infamouse14@ ...> wrote:

          > I'm really stoked to get my Xtra later this year but thought I would
          > pass on the encouraging note that even when I'm travelling around the
          > country I seem to run into an Xtra everywhere. I found two in the
          > Moscow, ID area and spotted one in Bethel, ME just last week.

        • Mark Pierce
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 8, 2006
            W D 40.........?

            mp in az

            --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Matt McKinney <matt7john@...> wrote:

            > Same deal in Minneapolis, where last weekend a guy looked over my X and told me he
            had seen a few around. That was a first. I know there's at least one more in my
            neighborhood, but I'm not seeing them on a regular basis yet.

            > A minor technical: anyone else have a squeaking Free Radical when it's under pressure,
            like hammering uphill? I think it's where the Rad connects to the bike, and may just need a
            good tightening.

            > Susan <maps@...> wrote: It's not just Xtracycles. There are at
            least two more in this town -
            > but more people know about them. In the past month I've had two
            > people complement mine enthusiastically ("love the Xtracycle!").
            >
            > --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Jacobs"
            > <infamouse14@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I'm really stoked to get my Xtra later this year but thought I would
            > > pass on the encouraging note that even when I'm travelling around the
            > > country I seem to run into an Xtra everywhere. I found two in the
            > > Moscow, ID area and spotted one in Bethel, ME just last week.
            > >

            > ---------------------------------
            > How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.

          • Ben Rosenthal
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 8, 2006

              <infamouse14@ ...> wrote:

              > I'm really stoked to get my Xtra later this year but thought I would
              > pass on the encouraging note that even when I'm travelling around the
              > country I seem to run into an Xtra everywhere. I found two in the
              > Moscow, ID area and spotted one in Bethel, ME just last week.

            • Juergen Weichert
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 8, 2006
                Matt McKinney wrote:
                > Same deal in Minneapolis, where last weekend a guy looked over my X
                > and told me he had seen a few around. That was a first. I know there's
                > at least one more in my neighborhood, but I'm not seeing them on a
                > regular basis yet.
                >
                > A minor technical: anyone else have a squeaking Free Radical when it's
                > under pressure, like hammering uphill? I think it's where the Rad
                > connects to the bike, and may just need a good tightening.

                Did you install it using the recommended torque values (with a torque
                wrench)?
                Juergen
              • Ben Rosenthal
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 8, 2006

                  <infamouse14@ ...> wrote:

                  > I'm really stoked to get my Xtra later this year but thought I would
                  > pass on the encouraging note that even when I'm travelling around the
                  > country I seem to run into an Xtra everywhere. I found two in the
                  > Moscow, ID area and spotted one in Bethel, ME just last week.

                • John Speare
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 8, 2006
                    On 8/8/06, Ben Rosenthal <earthsaver@...> wrote:

                    Or some Soy Clean, I suppose. (I don't use WD-40.)
                    http://www.soyclean.biz/

                    On Tuesday, August 08, 2006, at 02:08PM, Ben Rosenthal <earthsaver@...> wrote:

                    >Is *that* where the squeaking is coming from? I've been trying to figure that out for a few weeks now. Seemed like it was around my seat post but that didn't make sense. Bolt tightening sounds like a good thing to test. Thanks for the heads up!

                    If Gawd wanted us to use soybeans and wd-40 for threads he wouldn't have made bees.

                    Discover beeswax.

                    --
                    John Speare
                    Spokane, WA USA
                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 8, 2006
                      Nope. Just with a torque-of-my-arm wrench.

                    • merlin@re-cycle.org
                      Message 10 of 11 , Aug 9, 2006
                        Hi folks

                        For those who don't know, WD-40 + GT85 actually break down oil, so if
                        you spray it on your chain etc, will break down the oil.

                        Does not last long on chain, can get 'dry lube' sprays.

                        Personally, light oil works for me.

                        Cheers

                        Merlin
                      • Ian Hopper
                        Message 11 of 11 , Aug 9, 2006
                          I too have had the "squeaking" sound, but mine is more of a groaning
                          sound, and I'm convinced it's coming from the cranks or bottom
                          bracket shell cups: I'm putting on my Stokemonkey this week, complete
                          with new BB and cranks, so if it continues, I'll know it wasn't the
                          BB or cranks.

                          Ian