Re: [rootsradicals] Continental Town & Country VS Schwalbe Marathon XR?

  • Mark Garvey
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 3, 2008
      On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 12:42 PM, Bryan Beretta <lists@...> wrote:
      Hello all, quick tire question for you.

      I'm looking to upgrade from my stock 26x2 Bontrager tires that came on my Trek 4300 to something that rolls a little nicer. I've seen both the T&C's and the Marathons talked about favorably by Xtracycle riders.

      Take alook at Primo Comets about $20 usually and light, high pressure and fairly long lasting. I rode nearly all season last year on a pair and I just re installed them after using Kenda 2.125 wide tires most of the winter.  The better ones are the 1.5 x 26  but they make narrower ones as well.  they are 100 PSI tires, that I usually run about 75-80 psi.

      mark