Re: Just ordered my extracycle

  • Ian May
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 2, 2008
      I'm sure I'll be out at citybikes at come point to get a vbrake to
      replace the U-brak i've got on there now. Peace Beth..Ian

      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "beth" <periwinklekog@...>
      wrote:

      > --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Ian May" <iansmay00@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I'm really excted, I sold a cruiser bike, a kids bike trailer,
      and a
      > > Banjo to get the money... Does anyone know how
      > > long it take to arrive to Portlad once you order online? I'm
      scared
      > > they're backordered or something.
      >
      > Hey Ian -- if that's PDX (as in Portland, Oregon) then it shouldn't
      take more than a week at
      > best. You're on the same coast. If, on the other hand you're in
      Portland, Maine, it'll take a bit
      > longer than that, maybe 10 biz days. (Based on my experience in
      shipping and receiving at
      > work).
      >
      > If you're in PDX, stop by Citybikes when it's all built up and show
      it off! We have at least three
      > X owners on staff here and we all love 'em!
      > Congrats --Beth

    • Victor Khong
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 3, 2008
        I got mine within 2 weeks of ordering and just completed my build yesterday with fine adjustments tonight.  I am using it as a family recreation vehicle and grocery getter.  Tonight I went for a ride with my 4.5 year old daughter and wife sitting behind holding onto stoker bars.

        Very,very happy!  Get ready to pedal a lot harder if you carry people and up your cadence! :)

      • Morgan
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 3, 2008
          > Back ordered? Don't Know.

          We tried to get some more Freeradical kits for our shop the other day, and were told
          by the nice folks at Xtracycle that they are sold out until at least August (maybe Sept).
          There are none available through the distributor, either. They may have held some
          back for their direct internet sales (I'm just guessing, I don't have inside knowledge),
          and I think Clever Cycles still lists them in stock.

          So, if you want one this summer and can find a place that has one in stock, this might be
          a good time to take the plunge, or else be set on waiting a while.

          Morgan
          cycle9.com

          --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "kwikfile08" <kwikfile08@...> wrote:

          > Welcome Bro!
          >
          > Back ordered? Don't Know. They are very good about getting them out as soon as they
          > can. The best part REAL HUMANS ANSWER THE PHONE. IMAGINE!
          > Call their number and ask for Laughter Medicine - very cool chick that works for them.
          > Actually anybody that answers the phone are cool people. Very good decision my man -
          > welcome to the CULT - I mean club!
          >
          > Peace,
          >
          > Carl
          >
          > --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Ian May" <iansmay00@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I'm really excted, I sold a cruiser bike, a kids bike trailer, and a
          > > Banjo to get the money. I'm planning on putting it on a 89 stumpjumper
          > > that I've converted to a roadster type bike. I'll use this to take 2
          > > kids to the local stores for errands and stuff. I've been using the 3-
          > > speed cruiser with a basket on the front and a kiddie trailer...way too
          > > cumbersome espescially in my hilly neighborhood. Does anyone know how
          > > long it take to arrive to Portlad once you order online? I'm scared
          > > they're backordered or something. Ian

        • tda0818
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 3, 2008
            We're all SO ahead of the curve. All the trewly kewl kidz have X's.

            -- urbino

            --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Morgan" <mcgurme@...> wrote:

            > > Back ordered? Don't Know.
            >
            > We tried to get some more Freeradical kits for our shop the other
            day, and were told
            > by the nice folks at Xtracycle that they are sold out until at least
            August (maybe Sept).
            > There are none available through the distributor, either. They may
            have held some
            > back for their direct internet sales (I'm just guessing, I don't
            have inside knowledge),
            > and I think Clever Cycles still lists them in stock.
            >
            > So, if you want one this summer and can find a place that has one in
            stock, this might be
            > a good time to take the plunge, or else be set on waiting a while.
            >
            > Morgan
            > cycle9.com

          • Mark Garvey
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 4, 2008
              On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 10:13 PM, tda0818 <tda0818@...> wrote:
              We're all SO ahead of the curve.  All the trewly kewl kidz have X's.

              -- urbino

              Being the long winded type....(ME, not Urbino or Morgan or anybody else. ONLY me!) I have a story.  today I had a DISASTER with my X!  I rode to work at 7:15 and when I arrived  I picked up my Thermos Bottle from the Free Rads and it went "Shikka shikka shikka" at me!  ack! and it was not as heavy as 36 oz of Hot Tea should be.....  hmmm, what is that liquid traill up the warehouse floo...oh damn!  I must have had it in there in a bad position and hit a bump!  Drat!

              My Left side Rad was seeping water...or well, tea anyway and worse, I didn't have any hot tea to sip all day on the fork lift!  grrrrr!

              So after work, I rode past the Goodwill store where I had purchased the Thermos bottle (for $.88!  I am fat, but I am not STUPID!) and parked out front.  I wandered in and perused the stuff inside.  hoping for a thermos of some sort...nothing!  But I DID find a lovely fat Teapot!  ($3) which I purchased.  I often purchase clothing at such a place. I am easy to fit and as SWMBO says...I am "Hard" on my clothes!  Besides.. I can get a nice pair of shorts, or jeans there for $2-3 or so, while they are $20 or more in the other places, including K mart and Wal mart!

              So there I was, getting ready to leave and a voice says, "Now that is an interesting bike!" and I talked at length with an older gentleman who thought the idea of the X and the E-assist were wonderful!  Soon there was a crowd of ...well a half dozen people who were asking questions about the X and it's carrying capacity and how easy it was to ride and how fun.

              Very cool.  the original questioner was the last to leave and said he will be checking with Xtra to see about a bike and he is looking into the e-assist as well.

              When he thanked me for taking the time....I said, "Oh, well, when you ask me about a bicycle, it is rather like going up to a street corner evangelist and asking, "so, who is this Jesus Fellow anyway?" " and I laughed... (my father is a minister and I had once studied to be one myself,  so I am not insulting anyone, honestly!)

              The guy laughed and said, "yeah, that hits home!  I am a preacher!"  and he waved and left!

              The Tea pot got home safely, and I had to make a short trip to the grocery store for supplies, and a side trip to True Value for a replacement filler for my Thermos.  Darn!  That thing cost $4!

              mark