Night Rider MiNewt Vs. Cygolite Night Rover Xtra

  • kwikfile08
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2008
      So here I was on the train, I exit it w/o my Helmet and Night Rider light  on the seat.

      A Big Dummy is what I felt like.

      So down at REI I picked up this Cygolite Night Rover Xtra , and a new Helmet,  a Bell CiTi.
      Reading about them I found they were designed around the commuter. So tomorrow in the a.m. I will give the Cygolite a try. It has two lights a 6w and 10w combination. It is Halogen Vs Led NiMh Battery Vs LiOn But If the light is good and lights well I will not care about the weight. I tell ya the NightRider MiNewt was sweet. So more later after I ride on the mean streets of OC and LA counties. I regret losing the light, but hey I got my health and family and so Life is Good! I feel fortunate to be able to buy a nice light anyway, so I am blessed.

      namaste ,

      Carl
    • tda0818
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2008
        That's a shame about your MiNewt, Carl, but the new one looks like a
        good light, too. I can't imagine you'll even notice the weight.

        I just got a Light and Motion Vega headlight (4W LED, NiMH) for my
        non-X bike, a couple weeks ago. Very happy with it, so far.

        -- urbino