See this video

    Message 1 of 6 , May 31, 2008
      80 minutes of unabashed bicycle evangelism.

      http://www.sfu.ca/city/city_pgm_video020.htm
    • kwikfile08
      Message 2 of 6 , May 31, 2008
        John Pucher is AWESOME! Great Video!

        > 80 minutes of unabashed bicycle evangelism.
        >
        > http://www.sfu.ca/city/city_pgm_video020.htm

      • Bryan Beretta
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2008
          I saw this posted on copenhagenize.com the other day and watched about half of it.

          I was amazed at some of the statistics, especially those regarding cycling related injuries here in the US vs other areas where cycling is astronomically more prevalent. The idea of cars being prohibited from residential areas is also a phenomenal idea. I missed some of what he said after that part as I was daydreaming about how wonderful that would be around here haha.

          I hope to watch the rest of it today, but so far it's a great talk.

          Bryan

          On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 10:41 PM, David Chase <dr2chase@...> wrote:

          80 minutes of unabashed bicycle evangelism.

          http://www.sfu.ca/city/city_pgm_video020.htm

        • murray
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 3, 2008
            I watched this last night. Amazing the different the cycling
            experience can be in a society where the lawmakers, the road
            designers, the mayor, and the council are actually cyclists too!
            Motorways and autobahns are for cars, everything else is for people!
            Thanks for passing on the link.

            On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 4:38 AM, Bryan Beretta <lists@...> wrote:
            > I saw this posted on copenhagenize.com the other day and watched about half
            > of it.
            >
            > I was amazed at some of the statistics, especially those regarding cycling
            > related injuries here in the US vs other areas where cycling is
            > astronomically more prevalent. The idea of cars being prohibited from
            > residential areas is also a phenomenal idea. I missed some of what he said
            > after that part as I was daydreaming about how wonderful that would be
            > around here haha.
            >
            > I hope to watch the rest of it today, but so far it's a great talk.
            >

            > Bryan
            >

            > On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 10:41 PM, David Chase <dr2chase@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> 80 minutes of unabashed bicycle evangelism.
            >>
            >> http://www.sfu.ca/city/city_pgm_video020.htm

          • D.D.Jackson

              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 4, 2008
                I'm definitely biased, but I do think people should come before cars!

                CL