Re: [rootsradicals] Re: 26 in. wheels

  • Juergen Weichert
    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 14 7:45 AM
      Ken Heronheart wrote:
      > Hello Juergen,
      >
      > On Thursday, July 13, 2006, 2:21:59 PM, you wrote:
      >

      >> I run 26" Big Apple (x60 size) tires on my Xtracycle equipped MTB. The
      >> ride on these tires is WONDERFUL.
      >>

      > How well do the Big Apples do off-road?
      I don't know.
      > I'm not an aggressive trail
      > rider but I do regularly cut through the woods as part of one of my
      > commutes.
      Cutting through the woods would probably be fine - on trails. The wide
      footprint and possibility to run low pressures on this tire means you
      will probably leave less evidence of your trek through the woods than
      with other tires.
      > Also, how do they do in snow?

      I probably won't know. In the winter I switch to Schwalbe Snow Spiker
      tires. I would assume the relatively semi-slick nature of the Big Apples
      probably wouldn't do so well in winter.

      Juergen