commute

  • Mark Garvey
    Message 1 of 1 , May 21, 2008
      Today is maybe the ONLY day I can commute this week (have a Dr. Appointment tomorrow and Monday/Tues was my regular "bad" day. this week I drove..BAH!)  though I MAY do it Friday as well.

      Anyway!  this morning was WONDERFUL!  I had a quick errand then off to work.  My trip has a couple of good hills, which are overcome with the assistance of teh Currie drive.  And part fo the ride is through a local county park.  Saw Deer, a Beaver, and other animals along the way.  Air was Iowa WONDERFUL (typical spring!) about 40 degrees.

      After work, I had still another errand, was planning to pick up a pop up canopy for my business but that will have to wait until Friday now.  (why do you think I have a couple of LONG loaders!!)  riding through the small town in which I work, I heard a kid on a porch say to a friend, "WowTHAT is a cool bike!" as I rolled past on a brick street (they sound so cool on a fat tire bike!)

      there was  nothing particularly superior or unusual about today, just a simple ride that worked.  I carried my thermos with Hot Tea in it (Oolong today!) and my Tea mug and my bottle of water.  On the way home the radicals also held my  denim jacket.

      I enjoy riding so much that I will make ANY excuse to extend the ridde!

      mark

      --
      Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring. –Desmond Tutu