new contact info

  • mrgooddave@netscape.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2002
      Hi ya'll, We are moved into our little log cabin. I am enjoying a view of the continental divide as I write. Just wanted to pass on this stuff: physical address is 1159 Ridge Road, Nederland, CO; mailing address is POBOX 4535, Boulder, CO 80306 and our phone number is 303-258-7444. Come visit!

      -dg

      ps. I cannot help passing on this link to an online pettition agaist a strike on Iraq that needs to be signed by Wednesday.

      The Bush White House is aggressively promoting war on Iraq, against
      the advice of its diplomats, and without strong support from Congress,
      the American public, or our allies.

      Please join me in signing an online petition to oppose a war that would
      likely undermine both national and world security.  Let’s show our
      representatives that they have strong public support to stop this war.

      If you join me in signing today, your comments will be hand-delivered
      to your Senators as part of a national day of action on August 28th.
      Constituent meetings are being organized with Senate offices everywhere.

      Sign the petition at:

       http://www.moveon.org/nowar/

      It's important that we speak out against a war in which many of our
      young people, and likely many more innocent Iraqis, would die.

      Even top Republican leaders are publicly questioning a war:

      Brent Scowcroft, the former National Security Advisor, says a U.S.
      invasion of Iraq "could turn the whole region into a cauldron and,
      thus, destroy the war on terrorism."  He also says "there is scant
      evidence to tie Saddam to terrorist organizations, and even less to
      the Sept. 11 attacks."

      Senator Chuck Hagel (R-NE) says the CIA has "absolutely no evidence"
      that Iraq possesses or will soon possess nuclear weapons.

      Henry Kissinger says, "The notion of justified pre- emption runs
      counter to modern international law, which sanctions the use of force
      in self-defense only against actual -- not potential -- threats."
      Kissinger also says, "American military intervention in Iraq would be
      supported only grudgingly, if at all, by most European allies."

      Dick Armey, the House Majority Leader (R-TX-26), says, "I don't believe
      that America will justifiably make an unprovoked attack on another
      nation.  It would not be consistent with what we have been as a nation
      or what we should be as a nation."

      We've got to speak out too.  Please join me and do your part, at:

       http://www.moveon.org/nowar/

      Thank you.