Re: [rootsradicals] Re: more experience with Yuba Mundo

  • phaedrus
    Message 1 of 13 , May 6, 2008
      > > > Some of those Big Dummy builds, especially those with all the bling, make me gag.
      > >
      > > Have a breath mint.
      > >
      > > If the bling on your bike makes you and/or others smile more when you
      > > ride, have at it.
      > >
      > > - phaedrus.
      > >

      > Huh? I need a breath mint to express an opinion?

      Nope, but if you're gagging, its likely to cause bad breath so you may
      find a breath mint to be desirable.

      > You must live in a really small place... or need to drive more.
      > Obviously all that biking is muddling your brain.

      Minneapolis MN does have that small town feel most days. Compared to
      major metro areas like Chicago, NY, and San Fran, it really isn't very
      big.

      If using a bike as your primary form of transportation makes one a bit
      muddled in the brain then my mind is wonderfully mixed up.

      - phaedrus
    • Spamus
      Message 2 of 13 , May 6, 2008
        --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Vik <threeohm@...> wrote:

        > Living in a car-centric culture I am constantly amazed at cyclists
        > that choose to divide up and classify other cyclists as not worthy of
        > belonging to their pedal powered posse based on the type of bike they
        > are riding, the parts they hang off a frame or the clothes they wear.
        >
        > I'm pretty sure my Big Dummy was one of the ones making you gag. I
        > also ride a recumbent, a folding bike, an old mountain bike and a
        > touring bike. Given my odd collection of bikes I am often faced with
        > other rider's negative perceptions of the machine I have chosen and
        > every time it is equally disappointing.
        >
        > In this instance it comes down to the which parts I put on a frame -
        > one set of parts choices would make me cool and the other makes you
        > gag???....frankly that's sad.
        >
        > Everyone that gets around on something requiring pedal power shares a
        > whole lot more than the minor differences that can be used to divide
        > us up.
        >
        > safe riding,
        >
        > Vik

        Uh, can you please explain it again since I missed it the first time:
        why does the world revolve around you?

        From what I've seen, there are many Big Dummy owners out there. And
        they have blogs and pictures too.

        But if you're so convinced the shoe fits...
      • Spamus
        Message 3 of 13 , May 6, 2008
          --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, phaedrus <rphaedrus@...> wrote:

          > Nope, but if you're gagging, its likely to cause bad breath so you
          > may find a breath mint to be desirable.

          Funny, you seem to know a lot about bad breath and gagging. I don't
          even want to know why.

          > Minneapolis MN does have that small town feel most days. Compared
          > to major metro areas like Chicago, NY, and San Fran, it really isn't
          > very big.

          Ah... San Francisco... say it with respect!

          > If using a bike as your primary form of transportation makes one a
          > bit muddled in the brain then my mind is wonderfully mixed up.

          Good for you! That's the spirit! (Though it's probably "wonderfully
          mixed up" for other reasons.)

          Anyway, back to Xtracycles...