Re: My new bike

  • tda0818
    Message 1 of 4 , May 3, 2008
      Congrats, Alex! That's a fine looking mixte. I have a soft spot for
      orange bikes, as my beloved bike when I was a kid was orange. What
      brand/model of bike is that, anyway?

      -- urbino

      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "alexbknight" <Alexbknight@...>
      wrote:

      > Greetings all.
      > I've finally had a few minutes to upload a photo of my latest X. This
      > is my fourth, 3 of which still exist, the first one was dreadful...

      > So what are the special features?
      > - it is a lovely Orange colour
      > - low standover for carrying kids (not tipping them off...)
      > - disk brakes, my normal bike weight is 40+ kg
      > - aluminium frame for rigidity, a ladies 53cm (big!)
      >
      > minus points
      > - 700C wheels, and not bomb proof ones, so some flex.
      > - I can't be bothered to swap out the back wheel for a stronger one.
      >
      > Apart from that, I am very happy, I have been able to use most of the
      > advice given by this group to get something that is a real pleasure.
      >
      > Photos of my home made kiddy seat(s) coming shortly...
      >
      > And the silver mountain bike X is for sale (too small for me), any
      > Swiss bikers interested?
      >
      > All the best
      >
      > Alex

    • alexbknight
      Message 2 of 4 , May 4, 2008
        Thanks
        It is a company called Price Bikes in Switzerland, I think they are
        standard Taiwanese aluminium frames, built with good components.
        Where they do well is supplying also non-painted frames to local
        shops, my shop here then does a powder coating in 104 different
        shades. Luxury I know, but then if it looks good it tends to work
        well. I like to invest in my bikes for a 10 to 20 year period, so I
        hope this one will last well...

        --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "tda0818" <tda0818@...> wrote:

        > Congrats, Alex! That's a fine looking mixte. I have a soft spot
        for
        > orange bikes, as my beloved bike when I was a kid was orange. What
        > brand/model of bike is that, anyway?
        >
        > -- urbino
        >
        > --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "alexbknight" <Alexbknight@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Greetings all.
        > > I've finally had a few minutes to upload a photo of my latest X.
        This
        > > is my fourth, 3 of which still exist, the first one was
        dreadful...

        > > So what are the special features?
        > > - it is a lovely Orange colour
        > > - low standover for carrying kids (not tipping them off...)
        > > - disk brakes, my normal bike weight is 40+ kg
        > > - aluminium frame for rigidity, a ladies 53cm (big!)
        > >
        > > minus points
        > > - 700C wheels, and not bomb proof ones, so some flex.
        > > - I can't be bothered to swap out the back wheel for a stronger
        one.

        > > Apart from that, I am very happy, I have been able to use most of
        the
        > > advice given by this group to get something that is a real
        pleasure.

        > > Photos of my home made kiddy seat(s) coming shortly...
        > >
        > > And the silver mountain bike X is for sale (too small for me),
        any
        > > Swiss bikers interested?
        > >
        > > All the best
        > >
        > > Alex

      • Julio Alvarez
        Message 3 of 4 , May 5, 2008
          Yoh dude,
           You  got lots of $$$$ invetsed on those bikes. Do you just like to collect bikes or do you use all of them? Yes, they all look great, but I must say that the orange one  looks the koolest. Way to go!!! Now, ride them!!!
          Julio