My new bike

  • alexbknight
    Message 1 of 4 , May 3, 2008
      Greetings all.
      I've finally had a few minutes to upload a photo of my latest X. This
      is my fourth, 3 of which still exist, the first one was dreadful...

      So what are the special features?
      - it is a lovely Orange colour
      - low standover for carrying kids (not tipping them off...)
      - disk brakes, my normal bike weight is 40+ kg
      - aluminium frame for rigidity, a ladies 53cm (big!)

      minus points
      - 700C wheels, and not bomb proof ones, so some flex.
      - I can't be bothered to swap out the back wheel for a stronger one.

      Apart from that, I am very happy, I have been able to use most of the
      advice given by this group to get something that is a real pleasure.

      Photos of my home made kiddy seat(s) coming shortly...

      And the silver mountain bike X is for sale (too small for me), any
      Swiss bikers interested?

      All the best

      Alex
    • tda0818
      Message 2 of 4 , May 3, 2008
        Congrats, Alex! That's a fine looking mixte. I have a soft spot for
        orange bikes, as my beloved bike when I was a kid was orange. What
        brand/model of bike is that, anyway?

        -- urbino

        --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "alexbknight" <Alexbknight@...>
        wrote:

        > Greetings all.
        > I've finally had a few minutes to upload a photo of my latest X. This
        > is my fourth, 3 of which still exist, the first one was dreadful...

        > So what are the special features?
        > - it is a lovely Orange colour
        > - low standover for carrying kids (not tipping them off...)
        > - disk brakes, my normal bike weight is 40+ kg
        > - aluminium frame for rigidity, a ladies 53cm (big!)
        >
        > minus points
        > - 700C wheels, and not bomb proof ones, so some flex.
        > - I can't be bothered to swap out the back wheel for a stronger one.
        >
        > Apart from that, I am very happy, I have been able to use most of the
        > advice given by this group to get something that is a real pleasure.
        >
        > Photos of my home made kiddy seat(s) coming shortly...
        >
        > And the silver mountain bike X is for sale (too small for me), any
        > Swiss bikers interested?
        >
        > All the best
        >
        > Alex

      • alexbknight
        Message 3 of 4 , May 4, 2008
          Thanks
          It is a company called Price Bikes in Switzerland, I think they are
          standard Taiwanese aluminium frames, built with good components.
          Where they do well is supplying also non-painted frames to local
          shops, my shop here then does a powder coating in 104 different
          shades. Luxury I know, but then if it looks good it tends to work
          well. I like to invest in my bikes for a 10 to 20 year period, so I
          hope this one will last well...

          --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "tda0818" <tda0818@...> wrote:

          > Congrats, Alex! That's a fine looking mixte. I have a soft spot
          for
          > orange bikes, as my beloved bike when I was a kid was orange. What
          > brand/model of bike is that, anyway?
          >
          > -- urbino
          >
          > --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "alexbknight" <Alexbknight@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Greetings all.
          > > I've finally had a few minutes to upload a photo of my latest X.
          This
          > > is my fourth, 3 of which still exist, the first one was
          dreadful...

          > > So what are the special features?
          > > - it is a lovely Orange colour
          > > - low standover for carrying kids (not tipping them off...)
          > > - disk brakes, my normal bike weight is 40+ kg
          > > - aluminium frame for rigidity, a ladies 53cm (big!)
          > >
          > > minus points
          > > - 700C wheels, and not bomb proof ones, so some flex.
          > > - I can't be bothered to swap out the back wheel for a stronger
          one.

          > > Apart from that, I am very happy, I have been able to use most of
          the
          > > advice given by this group to get something that is a real
          pleasure.

          > > Photos of my home made kiddy seat(s) coming shortly...
          > >
          > > And the silver mountain bike X is for sale (too small for me),
          any
          > > Swiss bikers interested?
          > >
          > > All the best
          > >
          > > Alex

        • Julio Alvarez
          Message 4 of 4 , May 5, 2008
            Yoh dude,
             You  got lots of $$$$ invetsed on those bikes. Do you just like to collect bikes or do you use all of them? Yes, they all look great, but I must say that the orange one  looks the koolest. Way to go!!! Now, ride them!!!
            Julio