Re: [rootsradicals] running boards

  • Mark Garvey
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1 12:38 AM
      My problem with those, and other running boards is that I would likely make them from oak or cherry, with stain and such and a nice routed edge!......not such a bad idea!   At the moment I am facing a problem with my bike in that "Farmers Market season" is upon us and I am looking at ways to a) transport my balloon pump and  b) make a smaller, lighter and more efficient balloon pump.  these need to be powerful enough to inflate a 260 size balloon in a single push.  Unfortunately the one I have is 20 years old and UGLY!  Carrying it is difficult.  Imagine carrying a 4 inch piece of PVC pipe that is about 3 ft long and has a base on one end about a foot square.   awkward to say the least.  it is much easier with the X than with a trailer.  but i am thinking of building a clamp on rack to the snap deck for it.   It isn't particularly heavy really, but it is a bit unmanagable.  On the good side it does fit in the freeradicals but sticks out the back and the base bangs on my reflectors and things.  STILL trying to figure out something.  Looks sort of like a "Nuclear Wessle" and I have thought of putting biohazard stickers on it.   By the way, I DID once fly with it (before 9/11) and got some strange looks!  Has an evil apperaance!

      mark

      On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 11:37 PM, Devian Gilbert <asanacycles@...> wrote:
      i found this pic
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/huggerindustries/1446143228/in/set-72157602139107152/

      Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring. –Desmond Tutu