Re: [rootsradicals] Re: Replaced Wideloaders with Sideboards

  • Silivrenion
    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 29, 2008
      It wouldn't be able to use the snapdeck fasteners.. it would need some other removable connectors, but only because the wideloader shape is not exactly rectangular.. it's more trapezoidal, especially right after the bends in the tubing. I am afraid if you used snapdeck snaps that there would be no tensile pressure to keep the boards in place as there is with the freeradical frame tubings.

      On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 11:47 AM, Cara Lin Bridgman <cara.lin@...> wrote:

      Why not? If the snaps hook to the forward end and aft end of the wide
      loaders. Insert wide loaders into freeradical, then snap on the boards.
      You'd need two hooks on each end, so the boards don't shift sideways
      and pop out. The trick is to get the snaps in the right place.
      Stepping on the board would loosen the connection, but the boards
      shouldn't fall through the wide loaders if you have them long enough.

      --
      Steve Morley
      http://silivrenion.com