how to use an X

  • Mark Garvey
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 22, 2008
      OK, so this is another insufferable "brag" note but I can't HELP it!  I LOVE my bike so much!  I was asked to pick up my grand daughter from school today.  she is 4.  My wife expected me to drive to my kid's house in my little car, or on my motorcycle.  Pick up her van and drive to the school and pick Miss Olivia up.

      It was 2 pm and I said, "I was thinking of taking the bike and the trailer."  she expressed doubts, but said, "Do you think you can make it in time?"

      Well, the school is about 7 or 8 miles from our house and the kid's house is about 3 miles farther on.  So why not?  It would take me 40 minutes or so, I should be FINE.

      With the power assist I took off and rode to the school, arriving with the first of the parents making their pick ups.  Olivia trotted out with a happy "Hi Papa!" and I said "I have a surprise for you!"  Her reply was, "I know. I saw you go past the window!" and she handed me her artwork and backpack then climbed into the trailer.

      We rode a half mile and stopped at "Pet's PLayhouse" to look around.  We saw puppies, mice, a tarantula, some birds LOTS of fish and picked out a couple of goldfish for her little aquarium to replace the two that had died. (she had them named Goldie and Lucky before we paid for them!~) and she picked out a toy parrot that squeeks too.

      We rolled serenely through the quiet streets and on to her house where she immediately jumped out and grabbed her little bike with training wheels and rolled happily up and down the sidewalk as I watched her and laughed.

      The rest of teh afternoon was spent watching "Spongebob Squarepants" and other things and playing with her little sister.

      The trailer went home in the back of our Minivan, while I rode the bike home myself.  My charger managed to give me a full charge by the time we left the house (My wife drove both ways) and my trip home took about 50 minutes.

      This is a trip nearly from one extreme end of our city to the other.  a distance of 10 miles for me.  there is NO way that this is too far for a no stress ride, particularly with the modest Electric assist that I have!

      What a GREAT day!

      mark

      --
      Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring. –Desmond Tutu