wideloader tip

  • heysteve9
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2006
      I needed to carry a boxed bike down to my office for UPS pickup, so
      of course the X must take it there.

      I don't yet own a set of wideloaders, so I didn't really have a
      platform to rest the bike box upon, and didn't think string and one
      footsie would do it. I looked at where the wideloaders and footsies
      plug in, and wondered what else would fit in those frame holes
      there. Aha! I had some leftover wooden plunger handles from a
      trombone stand project (don't ask) and found they fit right in, and
      the fit was snug, and they worked just fine as soon as I rested the
      box on top of them. Voila! Instand home made wideloaders, or cargo
      pegs, if you will. Not quite as cool, but they did the job. A
      piece of broom handle might fit the bill too if the diameter is
      right. When I delivered the bike box, I tucked the plunger handles
      in my messenger bag, and I'm sleek and narrow again.

      It's fun to be cheap.

      Best,

      Steve Ferguson
      Tujunga, CA