Re: [rootsradicals] Re: morphing

  • Devian Gilbert
    Message 1 of 32 , Apr 10 6:32 PM
      i was and still am intrigued with the e-assist gig
      it begs to be a hot rod
      hopefully someone will bring to market a nice complete set.
      its all good stuff out there.  heck.. i get a kick off of the guys using cordless power tool motors.

      in the mean time...
      this is the my current direction...
      my new bike...
      its fast, I can keep up with my roadie club
      and it's the fastest thing short of a motor, on fire roads
      it even handles dirt nicely.  heck... it'll take a 2.4" knobbie
      racks and fenders too...

      peace...d

      On Apr 10, 2008, at 5:34 PM, Mark Garvey wrote:

      I have a couple of points to make here.  The first few months and even up to right now, I have had a very indecisive feel about the USPD (Currie Tech e-assist) that I have.  The battery pack makes it heavy!  and that is anathema to me.  On the other hand, the e-assist has proved to be very useful.  It has been on and off at least three of my various bikes and MAY end up on a 4th one before long, but on the Xtracycle, it works just DANDY!  Yes, the weight is a pain, but it works!  Hills are easy for me now, or will be when my USPD is repaired!  (the clutch bearing fried!)  the upshot is that when it is on the bike, I worry about the weight (which you do not notice when you are riding it!) and when it is off, I can't climb hills and I suffer!

      mark

      What kind of kit did you try?  I am going through the process of deciding what kind of assist is right for me (past experience tells me I'm not going to be able to replace my car without it).  I have been waiting for the Stokemonkey but am also considering the BionX.