Re: Public transportation

  • Paul Salitsky
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2006
      Re: Public transportation
      Hello,
              I frequently commute on my Xtracycle into work in the mornings (15 miles) and ride the bus home. Our regional busses have a 2 bike fold-down rack mounted on the front of each bus. I have followed the instructions found in the FAQ's
      http://xtracycle.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22 >
      but would like to add the following:
      I take the front wheel on to the bus with me (as requested by the bus driver) and make sure to unload the Freeradicals. Last, I always strap a bungee cord over the top tube attached firmly to the bike rack. Last, I spent about 10 minutes practicing (before I planned my first bus ride) putting my bike on & off the rack one time when a bus was parked (not in service) at our local transportation center with permission of the driver.
      Hope that helps,
      paul