Re: on the way

  • Phil Good-Elliott
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 19, 2006
      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Phil Good-Elliott" <poppamando@...> wrote:

      > Finally, the FreeRadical has been purchased and shipped. More when it's all put
      together.

      The FreeRadical arrived last week and was put together with a new Trek 4300 we
      purchased just for this purpose from our local bike shop. We decided not to mess around
      with my full suspension Specialized Ground Control (circa 1997) or my wife's old Miyata
      (too small for me). The 18" Trek will work for both of us. I took it out tonight for the first
      time. Carried a light load of miscellaneous stuff plus my 45 lb son on back (no stoker bar
      yet). Both my son and I are very impressed and excited by the feel of the ride. On the way
      home, we stopped to talk to some neighborhood friends. The kids flipped out and all
      wanted rides. Both of the dads there took it out for spins with kids on board and all had
      amazed looks. Fun! Regardless of their opinions, I'm looking forward to making use of this
      excellent investment. Come August, we'll get the heavy loaders.

      I'll try and post pix sometime soon.

      -Phil