Help save the world.

  • Paul H. Freedman
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 19, 2001
      Hi Roots:

      A report out today from the World Meteorological Organization states that
      2001 will be the 2nd warmest year on record. (The warmest was 1998, and 9
      out of 10 of the warmest years have occured since 1990.) According to the
      American Academy of Sciences, climate change could have it's first severe
      effects within our lifetime, not hundreds of years away as was previously
      thought.

      So please, talk it up! Be a leader among your peers. Feel good about all
      your guitar-strapping, shingle-carrying, friend-transporting Xtracycle trips
      that make internal combustion a smaller part of your life. Let your friends
      know how much fun saving the world can be when you ride a Sport Utility
      Bike.

      Today I walked into a bike shop in San Francisco and told the guy behind
      the counter I work for Xtracycle. He said "Really? I have one. I use it to
      take my surfboard and wet suit to Half Moon Bay." "How often do you do
      that?" I asked. "About every other week," he said. Think about it. That's
      a trip he used to make by car, and he's probably got great legs now.

      Over in Africa, workers from XAccess' partner in South Africa, AfriBike,
      are shuttling schoolchildren to school on the backs of their ExtraBikes.
      And entrepreneurs in Kenya will soon have a human-powered option for
      transporting goods from their micro-businesses.

      We're helping real people make a difference in climate change. Spread the
      word. It's real!

      Till next time, keep riding, and keep your soul together,

      Paul

      Paul Freedman
      302 Montcalm
      San Francisco, CA 94110