Wide loaders

  • Devin Quince
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 5, 2008
      I purchased a pair of wide and long loaders and when installing them, the ride wide loader front pin does not seem to match up with the hole on the free-rad. Anyone else seen this and have any ideas? The loader is not bent as far as I can see and the left when in really easy.
      Thanks,

      Devin Quince
      http://quinceurbanhomestead.blogspot.com/

      Start demanding safe passage on our public roads!

      Before there were automobiles, and after there will be automobiles, there will be bicycles moving people around for transportation"
      Andy Thornley, program director for the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition

      "Being so close to death makes you realize that you are alive"
      Nels Johson 1988 Iditabike rider
    • Chris Follmer
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 5, 2008
        Mine are a couple years old, but with the right one I had to flip it upside down. That way the pins were both in the back. I don't know if they are still the same or not.
        Chris

        Devin Quince <coultraguy@...> wrote:
        I purchased a pair of wide and long loaders and when installing them, the ride wide loader front pin does not seem to match up with the hole on the free-rad. Anyone else seen this and have any ideas? The loader is not bent as far as I can see and the left when in really easy.
        Thanks,

        Devin Quince
        http://quinceurbanh omestead. blogspot. com/

        Start demanding safe passage on our public roads!

        Before there were automobiles, and after there will be automobiles, there will be bicycles moving people around for transportation"
        Andy Thornley, program director for the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition

        "Being so close to death makes you realize that you are alive"
        Nels Johson 1988 Iditabike rider

        Success isn't defined by the things you have.
        It's defined by the things you don't need

      • Cara Lin Bridgman
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 5, 2008
          On one of my wide-loader, the pin was a little off--a tad too high on
          the loader to match the hole on the free radical. So, they really
          didn't line up. I could get it to work a little better on one side.
          Not that much of a problem. Find out which side fits best, and then put
          the batwing things on--also these batwing things will definitely help
          keep the wide-loaders from falling out. Now, one of my wide-loaders
          does not have a pin. I've not had any problems with function.

          CL

          > */Devin Quince <coultraguy@...>/* wrote:
          >
          > I purchased a pair of wide and long loaders and when installing
          > them, the ride wide loader front pin does not seem to match up with
          > the hole on the free-rad. Anyone else seen this and have any ideas?
          > The loader is not bent as far as I can see and the left when in
          > really easy.
        • Ben Rosenthal

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 5, 2008
              That must be outdated because my slings have logos face up on both sides.  I have finally decided that the Wideloaders are a permanent part of my bike.  they are simply too darn useful!  I also ordered a second long loader.  Not because I haul a lot of long loads, but because it acts as a guard to keep stuff from sliding forward.  It also can be a lashing point for a few items.

              BIG day today.  Did a couple of grocery store trips, as well as a trip up to the fish store to check it out (new fish supply place a mile or so away....Oooooooo cool stuff!) and I set up a new aquarium today too, but the X didn't help with that very much.

              SPRING has finally come!  I have ridden my bike to work at least two times this year!  It is awesome!  By the way, I put my shorts on today for the first time this year.....NOT pretty.  I think my legs will glow in the dark!

              mark

              --
              Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring. –Desmond Tutu
            • Slew Foot
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 10, 2010
                I have a pair you can measure, if you have not gotten a response yet. (I apologize for the delayed email, I clean out my RootsRadical folder once every two weeks or so).

                Elizabeth