East Bay Permaculture Bike Tour this Sunday

  • Philip.X.Diaz
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2008
      Hey all,

      For any of you in the SF Bay Area:

      The East Bay Permaculture Guild is having it's annual Garden Bike Tour this Sunday, starting at 11:30 at the North Berkeley BART station. We cruise around as a group, checking out some pretty spectacular gardens.

      If you're into gardening (or want to learn) this is a great opportunity to get some ideas and inspiration and see what others are doing with their yards and community spaces.

      Let me know if you have any questions about the tour or if you'd like to come. We ask for a $10 donation to the Permaculture Guild, but nobody will be turned away for lack of money.

      The past two years have had groups of about 25 to 30 people on the tour. It's loads of fun. Hope you can join us!

      -Philip-

      Here's the tour itinerary:

      For a bird's eye view of the route on Google maps:
      http://TinyURL.com/yqkvgy

      You are welcome to join us for any part of the tour, but please do not
      arrive at any of the sites when we are not scheduled to be there. thanks.

      11:30 Meet at North Berkeley BART Station - 1750 Sacramento St, Berkeley
      www.bart.gov - We'll meet in front of the main entrance.

      12:00 - 12:20 - Private backyard - 2111 7th St.
      Sheetmulched by the East Bay Permaculture Guild last year, planted with trees and annual veggies.

      12:30 - 12:55 - Berkeley Youth Alernatives garden - Bancroft Way between West and Bonar
      After school program, perennials and annuals, community volunteers. -
      www.byaonline.org

      1:00 - 1:30 - Backyard by Earthly Arts - Mabel St and Derby St.
      Guest room made from salvaged materials, water catchment, greywater,
      chickens and a rabbit - www.earthlyarts.com

      1:45 - 2:15 - Fort Awesome - 3090 and 3088 King St.
      2 houses owned by the non-profit Cooperative Roots, garden, solar
      electric and hot water, chickens - cooperativeroots.org

      2:15 - 3:05 - Snack Break at Fort Awesome
      Rest and munch on lite snacks from Food Not Bombs. Optional tour of
      garden on Sacramento - www.ebfnb.org

      3:15 - 3:45 - Christopher Shein's home - 1526 Fairview St
      Straw bale office space, bamboo chicken coop and shower, intensive
      garden, nursery, greywater - www.wildheartgardens.com -
      www.merrittlandhort.com

      4:05 - 4:45 - Mariposa Grove - 828 59th St, Emeryville
      Cohousing community with garden, chickens, 3 buildings contain
      apartments and shared space. - healthyarts.com/mariposagrove

      5:00 - 5:30 - Halcyon Commons - Between Webster & Prince St on Halcyon Ct
      Community designed and initiated park dedicated in '96 after 4 years
      of community involvement. - www.bpfp.org/affiliate-groups/Halcyon