Re: [rootsradicals] on the way

  • Matt McKinney
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 9 9:28 AM
      speaking of extra pieces, does anyone know what the rubbery thing with the long velcro strap is for? it came with my xtracycle but i can't figure out its purpose.

      a description: its a piece of black rubber cut so that it would sandwich nicely between three parallel bars, wrapping itself around each of them. it has a foot long piece of velcro threaded through it...

      Phil Good-Elliott <poppamando@...> wrote:
      Finally, the FreeRadical has been purchased and shipped. More when it's all put together.

      By the way, when I called Xtracycle to place my order, I recommended they stock stoker
      bars. The person who answered stated someone else had just called about the same thing
      20 minutes before. Maybe we'll see them on-line soon!

      -Phil

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Phil Good-Elliott
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 19 6:43 PM
        --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Phil Good-Elliott" <poppamando@...> wrote:

        > Finally, the FreeRadical has been purchased and shipped. More when it's all put
        together.

        The FreeRadical arrived last week and was put together with a new Trek 4300 we
        purchased just for this purpose from our local bike shop. We decided not to mess around
        with my full suspension Specialized Ground Control (circa 1997) or my wife's old Miyata
        (too small for me). The 18" Trek will work for both of us. I took it out tonight for the first
        time. Carried a light load of miscellaneous stuff plus my 45 lb son on back (no stoker bar
        yet). Both my son and I are very impressed and excited by the feel of the ride. On the way
        home, we stopped to talk to some neighborhood friends. The kids flipped out and all
        wanted rides. Both of the dads there took it out for spins with kids on board and all had
        amazed looks. Fun! Regardless of their opinions, I'm looking forward to making use of this
        excellent investment. Come August, we'll get the heavy loaders.

        I'll try and post pix sometime soon.

        -Phil