on the way

  • Phil Good-Elliott
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 8, 2006
      Finally, the FreeRadical has been purchased and shipped. More when it's all put together.

      By the way, when I called Xtracycle to place my order, I recommended they stock stoker
      bars. The person who answered stated someone else had just called about the same thing
      20 minutes before. Maybe we'll see them on-line soon!

      -Phil
    • BlueFrogPrpleDog@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 9, 2006
        In a message dated 6/8/2006 10:21:22 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, poppamando@... writes:
        I recommended they stock stoker
        bars.
        that would be awesome!  I would LOVE to have one!!!!!!!!!
      • Matt McKinney
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 9, 2006
          speaking of extra pieces, does anyone know what the rubbery thing with the long velcro strap is for? it came with my xtracycle but i can't figure out its purpose.

          a description: its a piece of black rubber cut so that it would sandwich nicely between three parallel bars, wrapping itself around each of them. it has a foot long piece of velcro threaded through it...

          Phil Good-Elliott <poppamando@...> wrote:
          Finally, the FreeRadical has been purchased and shipped. More when it's all put together.

          By the way, when I called Xtracycle to place my order, I recommended they stock stoker
          bars. The person who answered stated someone else had just called about the same thing
          20 minutes before. Maybe we'll see them on-line soon!

          -Phil

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • Phil Good-Elliott
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 19, 2006
            --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Phil Good-Elliott" <poppamando@...> wrote:

            > Finally, the FreeRadical has been purchased and shipped. More when it's all put
            together.

            The FreeRadical arrived last week and was put together with a new Trek 4300 we
            purchased just for this purpose from our local bike shop. We decided not to mess around
            with my full suspension Specialized Ground Control (circa 1997) or my wife's old Miyata
            (too small for me). The 18" Trek will work for both of us. I took it out tonight for the first
            time. Carried a light load of miscellaneous stuff plus my 45 lb son on back (no stoker bar
            yet). Both my son and I are very impressed and excited by the feel of the ride. On the way
            home, we stopped to talk to some neighborhood friends. The kids flipped out and all
            wanted rides. Both of the dads there took it out for spins with kids on board and all had
            amazed looks. Fun! Regardless of their opinions, I'm looking forward to making use of this
            excellent investment. Come August, we'll get the heavy loaders.

            I'll try and post pix sometime soon.

            -Phil