Re: [rootsradicals] what to do?

  • Mark Garvey
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 5, 2008
      Keep it on standby.  there will ALWAYS be days when you have a friend come over that has no bicycle, or when your bike is in the shop for some reason, or you need to have a bike left at A) your brothers house for when you visit him?  or another relative or close friend and putting your BD on a bike rack is not always adviseable.  There are a MILLION reasons to keep it on hand!  You might even ride it yourself soimetimes.  MY reasoning would be to be able to have an electric motor assist on ONE bike and the other one "pure" Human power.  I LOVE my power assist system, but there are many times when I wish I had another bike that was as good as my X that had no motor on it!  While it is easy to take off, it is still a hassle!

      Maybe you could add an e assist to the Old bike and use that as a pickup truck!  My bike has a hitch for pulling two trailers.  Or you could equip one for lightweight cruising and the other with fenders and all that mess so you had versatiolity.

      Keep the bike, use it, loan it out, give test rides, put it in the front yard as a planter.....um....scratch that last one.  that is a TERRIBLE thing to do!

      mark

      On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 11:20 AM, Devian Gilbert <asanacycles@...> wrote:
      so what should i do with my old Xtracycle convert?

      The new Iowa state song
      --------------
      It's winter in Iowa
      And the gentle breezes blow