Re: [rootsradicals] The Big Day

  • Mark Garvey
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 4, 2008
      I ran a Trike for several years with Disc Brakes on the front wheels and there are two things about disc brakes.  FIRST, they work LOTS better than anything else, and second, changing the pads is really not a big deal!  I would keep a set around just in case....BUT, I would not be really worried about them.  FAR easier to change than a rim brake of any kind.  Also wear on them will depend on a lot of factors.  Just like brakes on anything.  If you are always riding the brakes, or like to do the stopsign to stopsign sprints, you will wear the brakes down faster than us old slow folk.

      mark

      On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 12:27 AM, Cara Lin Bridgman <caralinb@...> wrote:
      Hi David,

      Thanks for the recommendation to get back-up brake pads and to keep them
      in my bike's tool kit.  I've the Avid BB7.

      No snow anywhere below 1000 m in Taiwan, but lots of sand and grit and
      lots of salt in the air.  Everything rusts (or mildews) in a heart-beat.

      CL

      --

      Please note my new email address: caralinb@...
      Cara Lin Bridgman

      P.O. Box 013          Phone: 886-4-2632-5484
      Longjing Sinjhuang
      Taichung County 434
      Taiwan                http://megaview.com.tw/~caralin/

      ride to believe.