big dummy stuff

  • Devian Gilbert
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 3 8:59 AM
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCQXdVHWc4M

      http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=387661

      peace...d

      http://www.AsanaCycles.com

    • Mark Garvey
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 4 3:20 PM
        DUDE!   AWESOME!!!  Cool to see you in action!  I really want one!  I guess I will have to wait until I can save the cash for mine!  But I still love my Free rad!

        mark

        On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 10:59 AM, Devian Gilbert <asanacycles@...> wrote:
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCQXdVHWc4M

        peace...d

        The new Iowa state song
        --------------
        It's winter in Iowa
        And the gentle breezes blow
        Seventy miles an hour
        At twenty-five below.
        Oh, how I love Iowa
        When the snow's up to your butt;
        You take a breath of winter
        And your nose gets frozen shut.
        Yes, the weather here is wonderful
        So I guess I'll hang around,
        I could never leave Iowa
        my feet are frozen to the ground
      • phaedrus
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 5 9:36 PM
          Y'all can see my Big Dummy before me!

          I can't get down to Hiawatha Cyclery to pick it up until Friday so I
          asked them if they could put up some pics for me to drool at.

          http://www.flickr.com/photos/hiawathacyclery/tags/bigdummy/

          I haven't felt like this since I was a kid waiting for my parents to
          get up on Christmas morning!

          - phaedrus
        • Devian Gilbert

            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 6 12:05 AM
              Thanks! I can't wait to give it a ride.

              The current forecast is set to be in the low teens/upper single digits
              for the 10+ mile ride home so I'll get to put it through its paces.
              I'm hoping I'll learn its name.

              If I'm anywhere close to as happy with my machine as you seem to be
              with yours in that video, I'll be thrilled!

              Its pretty neat that something with this much anticipation and this
              much expectations seems to be universally getting good responses. I
              hope that I'll be yet another feather in Surly's and Xtracycle's caps.

              - phaedrus

              On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 11:54 PM, Devian Gilbert <asanacycles@...> wrote:

              > holy smokes!
              >
              > what an awesome machine!
              > On Mar 5, 2008, at 9:36 PM, phaedrus wrote:
              >
              > Y'all can see my Big Dummy before me!
              >
              > I can't get down to Hiawatha Cyclery to pick it up until Friday so I
              > asked them if they could put up some pics for me to drool at.
              >
              > http://www.flickr.com/photos/hiawathacyclery/tags/bigdummy/
              >
              > I haven't felt like this since I was a kid waiting for my parents to
              > get up on Christmas morning!
              >
              > - phaedrus
            • Jake Wilson
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 7 3:34 PM
                --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, phaedrus <rphaedrus@...> wrote:

                > Y'all can see my Big Dummy before me!
                >
                > I can't get down to Hiawatha Cyclery to pick it up until Friday so I
                > asked them if they could put up some pics for me to drool at.
                >
                > http://www.flickr.com/photos/hiawathacyclery/tags/bigdummy/
                >
                > I haven't felt like this since I was a kid waiting for my parents to
                > get up on Christmas morning!
                >
                > - phaedrus

                ~~~Very nice...Single chain ring up front huh Must be a Rohloff type
                hub in the rear? That front tire looks huge. You're going to have a
                lotta fun riding this rig=:-)

                Jake
                Reddick Fla.
              • phaedrus
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 9 7:01 PM
                  > ~~~Very nice...Single chain ring up front huh Must be a Rohloff type
                  > hub in the rear? That front tire looks huge. You're going to have a
                  > lotta fun riding this rig=:-)
                  >
                  > Jake
                  > Reddick Fla.

                  Yep, Rohloff tandem oem hub with external linkage box in the back -
                  very nice so far.

                  The tires are 2.15" Big Apple tires and will be great for the summer.
                  For the winter, I have picked up a Nokian Mount & Ground 26"x1.9" for
                  the front and am considering a Marathon XR for the rear.

                  A couple pics of the lovely beast during a fuel stop on my way home:
                  http://rphaedrus.livejournal.com/

                  I put on 15 wonderful miles that first day. I'm looking forward to many more!

                  - phaedrus