Re: and another thing

  • Giles Russell
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 3, 2008
      Someone asked so I stuck a folder with some pics of my bike with a
      chain tube and baskets in it - folder called Geelez' xtracycle.

      Oh, and I used just two cable ties so the tube rode up and down the
      seat stay freely. Sorry its a bit dirty, very much bike in use. Oh
      also if you can see it I have a small lead acid gel battery in a bag
      strapped under the snap deck - good for a week's winter riding.

      The baskets are held on by small octopus clamps, you can undo the
      back two to make packing groceries in the panniers easier as it
      hinges up on the other one. Whole thing takes a few seconds to put
      on and take off as I do a commute into town every day otherwise.

      Giles

      ...for my next trick I will attach an xtracycle to a unicycle...the
      uni-xtracycle is born!

      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Giles Russell"
      <giles.russell@...> wrote:

      >.... To cut a long story short I used a bit of left over 1/2 inch
      > tubing from a recumbent for keeping the chain well behaved.
      > It is a bit short of a foot long and is held loosely in place by
      three cable ties - one on the seat stay, one going around the tube