Re: [rootsradicals] Re:The Big Day

  • Sean Moore
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 2, 2008

      Great info about the brakes.

      And just to make it "official" (I 'gratted in another thread)

      Congratulations Anne!

      --
      Sean Moore
      moore.sean@...
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 2, 2008
        Thanks Sean! It feels really good.

        Anne Littlebird
        Issumatuq Herbals
        P.O. Box 5161
        Louisville, KY 40255
        502-418-1023

        Sean Moore wrote:

        > Great info about the brakes.
        >
        > And just to make it "official" (I 'gratted in another thread)
        >
        > Congratulations Anne!
        >
        > --
        > Sean Moore
        > moore.sean@... <mailto:moore.sean@...>

      • Cara Lin Bridgman
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 2, 2008
          Hi David,

          Thanks for the recommendation to get back-up brake pads and to keep them
          in my bike's tool kit. I've the Avid BB7.

          No snow anywhere below 1000 m in Taiwan, but lots of sand and grit and
          lots of salt in the air. Everything rusts (or mildews) in a heart-beat.

          CL

          --

          Please note my new email address: caralinb@...
          Cara Lin Bridgman

          P.O. Box 013 Phone: 886-4-2632-5484
          Longjing Sinjhuang
          Taichung County 434
          Taiwan http://megaview.com.tw/~caralin/
        • Mark Garvey
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 4, 2008
            I ran a Trike for several years with Disc Brakes on the front wheels and there are two things about disc brakes.  FIRST, they work LOTS better than anything else, and second, changing the pads is really not a big deal!  I would keep a set around just in case....BUT, I would not be really worried about them.  FAR easier to change than a rim brake of any kind.  Also wear on them will depend on a lot of factors.  Just like brakes on anything.  If you are always riding the brakes, or like to do the stopsign to stopsign sprints, you will wear the brakes down faster than us old slow folk.

            mark

            --

            Please note my new email address: caralinb@...
            Cara Lin Bridgman

            P.O. Box 013          Phone: 886-4-2632-5484
            Longjing Sinjhuang
            Taichung County 434
            Taiwan                http://megaview.com.tw/~caralin/

            ride to believe.