Re: [rootsradicals] Re: Tightening headsets for going no-hands

    Message 1 of 79 , Mar 1, 2008
      I am not sure that there is any particular formula for riding no-
      hands. The tongue of my FreeRadical is on top of the kickstand
      plate, but it is a plate, so that is not very high.

      And I ride it no-hands, with loads, not perfectly valid loads, 50 lb
      loads, once for a few seconds with my daughter on the back, on snow-
      covered pavement, and offroad.

      HOWEVER -- I cannot figure out how to ride my very old Raleigh 3-
      speed no-hands.

      Over the years, I've ridden quite a few bikes no-hands, and one thing
      that I learned is that a bike can be too twitchy, or not twitchy
      enough. So, if the reason you can't do it is that the bike is not
      twitchy enough, then lowering the BB is not necessarily going to
      help. So, fiddling may be required. The old Raleigh, I think, is
      not twitchy enough; it starts to veer to one side or the other, and I
      cannot get it to correct.

      David
    • riggertrev
      Message 79 of 79 , Mar 4, 2008

        --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Devian Gilbert <asanacycles@...> wrote:

        > a custom deck is by far the best
        >
        > :-)
        >
        > d-

        Congrats on your Big Dummy. The video looks good too.

        Look what I found this morning:

        http://tonka-days.blogspot.com/2008/03/dry-leaf-eco-skate-prototype-with.html

        It links thru my blog (so it's a self-serving shameless plug as well as a .contribution to the discussion) but it's pretty darn cool stuff .

        Kelt.