Re: [rootsradicals] Re: Tightening headsets for going no-hands

  • Cara Lin Bridgman
    Message 1 of 79 , Mar 1, 2008
      Hi Morgan and Phil,

      I installed the free-radical tongue under the chain-stay. I had to so I
      could fit in a stokemonkey. I bought the small Instigator frame and
      with the tongue under the chain-stay, the stokemonkey fits in with
      millimeters to spare.

      Like Phil and others, I've excellent balance when I'm paying attention.
      I've a life-time of all the balance-creating things: Taichi,
      white-water kayaking, folk dancing (contra, Macedonian, Turkish,
      Scottish), and lots of messing about with boats, not to mention a
      life-time of going no-hands over speed bumps and through pot-holes in
      first, second, and third worlds. My scoliosis admittedly makes me bump
      into walls when I'm not paying attention, but when I'm going no hands,
      I'm paying attention. Getting hit by a car 10-years ago did take some
      of the smarts out of my feet and I've had to add a hiking stick to my
      camping gear, but the brains in my feet are slowly coming back and I've
      not had trouble going no-hands on other bikes.

      Frankly, I've begun to wonder if maybe it's just that Taiwan's road
      surfaces (and traffic) are just THAT bad... Biking here can give me the
      same adrenaline rush as kayaking in West Virginia...

      CL
    • riggertrev
      Message 79 of 79 , Mar 4, 2008

        --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Devian Gilbert <asanacycles@...> wrote:

        > a custom deck is by far the best
        >
        > :-)
        >
        > d-

        Congrats on your Big Dummy. The video looks good too.

        Look what I found this morning:

        http://tonka-days.blogspot.com/2008/03/dry-leaf-eco-skate-prototype-with.html

        It links thru my blog (so it's a self-serving shameless plug as well as a .contribution to the discussion) but it's pretty darn cool stuff .

        Kelt.